Friday, February 14, 2014

What One Assignment Has Taught Me

            My process in writing and my idea of writing has already changed since the start of this semester. I now know a way to make my writing believable and truthful. I know not to argue but to backup my claims. Using the terms evidence and claims really taught be how to put a paragraph together. How to approach a statement that I could prove. Evidence is a key part of analysis. Which are words that I had never thought about when writing. You can't analyze something without making claims, and you can't claim anything without evidence. When I used evidence to support my writing it made it so much more meaningful. My thoughts were coming from a real place that others would be able to see. I have become a more critical thinker now that I know what these terms mean. I now think about analysis differently and think about it when I see and read things, such as other essays, ads, and pictures. Thinking about all the details we were able to capture from just one ad made me a much more critical thinker. When I am able to analyze things on a deeper level, I am able to gather evidence and make claims based on what is revealed to me. I never knew what to write about before or where to begin, but one thing the ad analysis project taught me was a way to start. It taught me components of writing that I saw but never thought of. I began to understand more what analysis meant, what details I could look for in one place, the evidence I could find from those details and the claims I can make based on my evidence. I have become a more critical thinker now that I know new ways to approach my writing. I have deeper thoughts, and stronger ideas.

1 comment: